Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created over at The Broke and the Bookish (http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/paulas-top-ten-reading-goals-for-2013.html). This week’s theme is reading goals for 2013.
My goals are:
- Read 50 Books – any type, any genre! Last year I pledged the same on goodreads but didn’t do too well so this is my second attempt.
- Read more non fiction – I have a lot of non fiction on my book shelves. It’s mostly animal/science related stuff which I have a lot of interest in from my Zoology degree. I don’t know why I don’t read it more often.
- Read more poetry – I write a lot of poetry but have to confess that I don’t read it very often!
- Sort out discworld – by “sort out” I mean figure out which ones I have read and haven’t read, which ones I own and which ones I need. Then try and catch up a bit!
- Read 10 books that I’ve owned for more than a year – I have a lot of books and yet I always read my newer ones first! I want to clear some of my “to read” shelf.
- Read more Stephen King – I have loads of Stephen King books and keep buying more!
- Don’t waste time on books I don’t like – I always persevere with books and then get in a rut. If I don’t like it I’m going to put it down and start a new one.
I also have some writing goals:
- Actually start my story – I love planning but I need to start writing at some point!
- Read more books on writing – This goes with the non fiction goal above but I’ve got so many of these it’s getting silly when I never read them!
- Enter writing competitions – I’m at that point where I’m finally a bit more confident with my writing and I’m going to start letting other people read it. Scary but good!
And those are my 10 book related goals! I’m going to try and keep up with Top Ten Tuesdays because they’re quite fun (that’s another goal…) so check back in a week for another one. Also if you want to join in check out http://brokeandbookish.blogspot.co.uk/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html.