There’s nothing like a good reading challenge as long as it fits with the kinds of things you wanted to read anyway! It’s no fun if it makes reading more of a chore.
I recently found a reading challenge for 2013 that includes everything I want to do this year. You can join this challenge too on http://readinginwinter.com/2012/12/08/challenge-anne-kristilyns-2013-book-bingo-reading-challenge/
The rules are:
- Be awesome. If you’re not, this isn’t going to work.
- The challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2013.
- If you want to participate, you can join in any time of the year! Feel free to write up a blog post with the rules linking back to my and Anne’s blog in your sign-up post.
- If you read one book for the “1 book” in any category, you can’t change it later on when you read another book to “2 books.” Once a square is crossed off, it’s crossed off for good! (Feel free to print off the scoreboard to keep track!)
- Books read for one square are for that square ONLY and cannot be counted towards another category. This is all about reading ALL THE BOOKS.
- The FREE SQUARE isn’t really a free square. In order to cross it off, you must read a book by either:You can start your board over again, but ONLY if you receive the stamp of awesome by completing a blackout. The “winners” of the challenge will be the ones who achieve the most winning combinations by the end of 2013.
- Reading a book picked by another participant, or
- Reading a book in a genre picked by another participant.
- You can feel free to post your reading list for each category, though it’s not a requirement.
- Having a blog or writing reviews for books read is not required. So long as you want to have fun, you can participate!
- This isn’t a race, but don’t be afraid to rub your reads in the other player’s face. This will be seen as encouragement. Feel free to use the hashtag #2013BookBingo on Twitter!
As you can see, I’ve already completed a couple of squares in my challenge! So far this year I’ve re-read the first two books in the True Blood series. I wasn’t sure whether to count them as rereads or as series books so I’ve counted one for each.
I’m well on my way! Are you joining in on this challenge this year?